[TYPO3-core] RFC: MM_foreign_select

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Mar 12 07:42:28 CET 2006

Hi.

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 16:23, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Don't use fullQuoteStr on anything else than values!

Right.

> TYPO3 lacks a quoteIdentifier function. I write one once, but stopped to
> write a patch when I realized that there are so mamy places in TYPO3 where
> tables are not quoted that I gave up.

Why does it need one? It has one when using DBAL, and if you code your own
connection to a specific database you usually know what identifier is needed.

> Warning: identifiers (table, column and function names) have to be quoted
> differently than values. Some examples:

The only place where one might need an identifier quote function is indeed
function names. But those should never need to be quoted (technically).

My 2¢.
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns