[TYPO3-core] rtehtmlarea/res in the CVS

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Mar 9 18:29:26 CET 2006

>> I will assume that the locallang files are also ok, although I don't
>> understand why all localizations are moved away from the extension.
>
> Yes these were changed by Kasper who did some structural changes to
> the whole
> translation framework. The localizations are moved away because
> they were
> empty placeholders which are not required anymore.
>
>> I feel this breaks the cohesion of the extension and also breaks all
>> bridges to previous versions of TYPO3.
>
> Maybe you are right, I'm sure Kasper can clear that up.

A basic principle now is that _no translations_ should be inside
extensions if possible. It is not very scalable and worst of all,
translations cannot be maintained without the extension authors
involvement.

IF this is true for normal extensions it is a fact for the core. So
no locallang-XML files in the core are allowed to have any
translation in them.

- kasper