[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 331: Support IPv6 addresses

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 7 20:57:27 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

> Not really as all are related to existing functions. One is a true helper
> function (IPv6Hex2Bin) and maybe of general interest (normalizeIPv6).
>
> As for the code: I'm trying to understand, but fail to see why the result
> of IPv6Hex2Bin is compared. Why can't simply the hex values be compared?

I'm sorry but I have to admit that I don't know that. At least, the code
seems to work. If you know how to optimize it, I suggest you do that
afterwards.

> Really superfluos assignment, please remove:
>
> $compare = strcmp($testBin, $baseIPBin); $success = ($compare == 0) ? true
> : false;
>
> Unnecessary call of preg_replace where str_replace is sufficient:
> preg_replace('/:/', '', $hex);
>
> " instead of '
> $regex = "/^(";
> etc

All done.

> Did not test the code itself, but wonder what's the difference between
> IPv4 wildcards and IPv6 prefixes. The funcion docs lack an example here.

Again, no idea. Should I commit the change (find new version attached) and
try to answer these questions later, or would you like to postpone IPv6
support for TYPO3 4.5?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out