[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 331: Support IPv6 addresses

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Mar 7 10:56:04 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:41:58 +0100 (MET):

> Problems:
> The patch adds quite a lot of new functions. I wonder if it would make
> sense to move them into a separate file therefore?

Not really as all are related to existing functions. One is a true helper function (IPv6Hex2Bin) and maybe of general interest (normalizeIPv6).

As for the code: I'm trying to understand, but fail to see why the result of IPv6Hex2Bin is compared. Why can't simply the hex values be compared?

Really superfluos assignment, please remove:

$compare = strcmp($testBin, $baseIPBin); $success = ($compare == 0) ? true : false;

Unnecessary call of preg_replace where str_replace is sufficient:
preg_replace('/:/', '', $hex);

" instead of '
$regex = "/^(";
etc

Did not test the code itself, but wonder what's the difference between IPv4 wildcards and IPv6 prefixes. The funcion docs lack an example here.

Masi