[TYPO3-core] replaceString and other changes

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sun Mar 5 15:12:36 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:18:03 +0100 (MET):

> - Add a 3rd parameter to the "|"-explode so that you are sure there
> are always only two arguments.

Ok. Note: the toStr may contain a | now.

> - The function needs to be documented in "doc_core_ts", please don't
> forget to send a suggestion.

replaceString:
Replaces the first string with the second string (separated by a |) in the existing value.

To the list of examples add this:

myObject = TEXT
myObject.value = The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
myObject.value := removeString( quick)
myObject.value := replaceString(lazy,sleeping)

myObject.value = The brown fox jumps over the sleeping dog.

Buuut, I have another idea. Replace addString with appendstring. Why? So we can have a prependString as well!

Masi