[TYPO3-core] replaceString and other changes

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Mar 5 12:18:03 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

> I have changed the new := code. While implementing replaceString I noticed
> several issues.
>
> * The original code has one preg_match and two preg_replaces (why?), where
> I think only one preg_match is needed.

You are right, I didn't spend too much time to think about improving this.

> * addString and removeString have their arguments trimmed. This deafets the
> whole purpose of the brackets. If I write addString( some string), I most
> likely want the space at the beginning. This was ever so dull in TS that
> you could not add spaces easily. So I have removed the trim(). *

OK.

> * addString and friends are not operators but functions (+ is an operator,
> := is an operator as well). I made (superfluos) changes in the naming of
> the internal variables to reflect this.

OK.

> * If the trim has to staty than i want argument quoting with ".

It doesn't need to stay.

Comments about "replaceString":

- Add a 3rd parameter to the "|"-explode so that you are sure there are always
  only two arguments.

- The function needs to be documented in "doc_core_ts", please don't forget to
  send a suggestion.

After all I like your changes. +1 for the patch.

- michael