[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Jun 8 12:45:15 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> But even in the BE I would appreciate if the BE would produce messages
> comprehensible for the average editor. Or at least encapsulate them like
> this:

This is hard with messages that appear as a result of this code:

$var2 = $var['meta']['langDisable'];

Old versions of templavoila generated empty meta tag, thus hundreds of
records on one of my sites produce $var['meta'] as empty string.
Flexform tools gives me errors. These errors are those that cannot be
caught easily by code develper (unless he constantly uses is_array).
Having error logging enabled for the BE would help to find such errors.

My editors know to send me any unusual messages in the BE. This helped
in the past and still helps.

As to predictable errors (like ones from chmod, mkdir), sure we should
output friendly messages for them.

Dmitry.