[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 8 12:35:18 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>
>> Nothing looks more unprofessional than a PHP setup with display_errors
>> enabled. Change your configuration to use error_log instead.
>
> Usually I think like this too but while this is 100% true for FE, it is
> not always true for BE. For example, only when errors are turned on, you
> can see that EM has no memory anymore or that flexform tools could not
> process flexform. In fact, I would be happy if PHP errors can always be
> on for BE. Or at least, if there is a separate setting for this.

It's probably hard to deal with errors like "no memory", but easy to check
for likely stuff like wrong/missing file permissions.

But even in the BE I would appreciate if the BE would produce messages
comprehensible for the average editor. Or at least encapsulate them like this:

"An error has occured. The task could not be completed. Please forward the
following PHP error message to your admin together with information of when
and how the error happened."

Masi