[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 8 17:47:00 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> But even in the BE I would appreciate if the BE would produce messages
>> comprehensible for the average editor. Or at least encapsulate them
>> like this:
>

> This is hard with messages that appear as a result of this code:
>
> $var2 = $var['meta']['langDisable'];
>
> Old versions of templavoila generated empty meta tag, thus hundreds of
> records on one of my sites produce $var['meta'] as empty string.
> Flexform tools gives me errors. These errors are those that cannot be
> caught easily by code develper (unless he constantly uses is_array).
> Having error logging enabled for the BE would help to find such errors.
>
> My editors know to send me any unusual messages in the BE. This helped
> in the past and still helps.

Well, it's your choice to enable or disable PHP error/warning messages.

And the annoying PHP4=>PHP5 transition problem of array errors cannot be
handled anyway by checking result codes. Note that I was not talking about
general error handlers, but surrounding code that handles possible errors
by checking return codes etc.

Masi