[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 8 10:49:51 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

>> No need to ship those directories with the dummysite. Instead, just
>> create> them on demand.
>

> My opinion is opposite :) Much better if the whole structure is inside
> dummy package. Creating on demand may face file system permissions and
> show errors to [non-technical] users. Probably, this is not the best way.

I see no reasons why we can't have it both?

If they are created om demand I don't need dummy at all. But it won't hurt
to add them into the dummy package.

But nite, Dmitry, if you cannot create directories from TYPO3 you are
stuck. No installing of extensions, limited usability of fileadmin, etc.

Masi