[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Jun 8 10:41:15 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Upon installation of the dummy-4.0b2-package Typo3 complains about some
> missing paths within the typo3temp directory.

Why we simply cannot have these directories in corresponding tar file?
Or tar does not allow empty directories?

> No need to ship those directories with the dummysite. Instead, just create
> them on demand.

My opinion is opposite :) Much better if the whole structure is inside
dummy package. Creating on demand may face file system permissions and
show errors to [non-technical] users. Probably, this is not the best way.

Dmitry.