[TYPO3-core] 4.0.1 feature freeze today?(!)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Jul 18 11:26:16 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi Stucki,
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>>>>If anyone of you has pending patches, please send them _now_ :-)
>>>Can we decide on the two DBAL/Oracle issues. Besides on index name that is
>>>too long (but can be easily changed manually after the installation) that
>>>are the only blockers for a standard installation on Oracle I know. *
>>I'm really not sure. What if it breaks on some MySQL version? Can you proof
>>there are no problems with this?
>>I just want to avoid any last-minute troubles...
> I agree with you that we shouldn't risk last-minute troubles and
> therefore not have the fix in 4.0.1.

Yes. But it's a bit disappointng for me that I invested days recently in 
testing Oracle only to get a feature freeze right into my face.

> We can have a 4.0.2 in a month or so.

That's what I said weeks ago...

I do hope that we WILL have the next version rather sooner than later.


* new skin and skinning API
* DBAL (Oracle, perhaps MS SQL)
* workspaces and versioning (many bugs or odd behaviours, see bugtracker)


More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list