[TYPO3-core] 4.0.1 feature freeze today?(!)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Jul 18 11:41:37 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>>>> If anyone of you has pending patches, please send them _now_ :-)
>>>> Can we decide on the two DBAL/Oracle issues. Besides on index name
>>>> that is
>>>> too long (but can be easily changed manually after the installation)
>>>> that
>>>> are the only blockers for a standard installation on Oracle I know. *
>>> I'm really not sure. What if it breaks on some MySQL version? Can you
>>> proof
>>> there are no problems with this?
>>> I just want to avoid any last-minute troubles...
>> I agree with you that we shouldn't risk last-minute troubles and
>> therefore not have the fix in 4.0.1.
> Yes. But it's a bit disappointng for me that I invested days recently in
> testing Oracle only to get a feature freeze right into my face.

I see.

It was mainly me pressuring Stucki to get the release out now rather
then waiting for an infinite amount of popping-up new patches.

I really think we should clearly define how often we want 4.0.x releases
to happen (maybe every 1.5 months?) and then do it accordingly.

>> We can have a 4.0.2 in a month or so.
> That's what I said weeks ago...

Me too.

> I do hope that we WILL have the next version rather sooner than later.
> Issues:
> * new skin and skinning API
> * DBAL (Oracle, perhaps MS SQL)
> * workspaces and versioning (many bugs or odd behaviours, see bugtracker)

I agree all of the above issues should be fixed for 4.0.2. Maybe some of
it will be done during the T3DD in Dietikon...


More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list