[TYPO3-core] RFC: Proposal for a "Supported Extensions Team"

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jul 10 13:26:59 CEST 2006

Hi!

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> why not start with 4.0.1 ?

I am +1 for changing it ASAP.

>> Additionally, only one extension of a certain functionality should be
>> included (e.g. 1 news extension, 1 calendar extension, etc.). Providing a
>> list for direct access from withing the EM (including links to feature
>> list, manual, etc.) should make these extensions even more attractive and
>> also invite more users to contribute to them.
>>
> I think more than 1 extension of a certain functionality should be
> included. Why not allow 4 calendars, 2 news and 3 image galleries?
> Every extension which gets at least 20% of the votes for a functionality
> shall be included. A monopoly would be contrary to make extensions better.

I think inclusion should be based on extension popularity first. When
this team finishes reviving popular extensions, it can look to others.
There is no reason to review extension from the category if it is
downloaded by 5 people and leave extension in another category if it was
downloaded 5000 people even if that category has extension with 5001
downloads.

Dmitry.