[TYPO3-core] RFC: Proposal for a "Supported Extensions Team"

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Jul 10 13:11:37 CEST 2006

Hello Michael,

>Starting with TYPO3 4.1 I would suggest is to change the wording slightly
>but remarkable:
>
>- "Enable unsupported extensions"
>+ "Enable only supported extensions"

why not start with 4.0.1 ?

>Additionally, only one extension of a certain functionality should be
>included (e.g. 1 news extension, 1 calendar extension, etc.). Providing a
>list for direct access from withing the EM (including links to feature
>list, manual, etc.) should make these extensions even more attractive and
>also invite more users to contribute to them.

I think more than 1 extension of a certain functionality should be
included. Why not allow 4 calendars, 2 news and 3 image galleries?
Every extension which gets at least 20% of the votes for a functionality
shall be included. A monopoly would be contrary to make extensions better.

- Franz