[TYPO3-core] RFC: Change wording in EM: "unsupported extensions"

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 10 11:57:22 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov a écrit :
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Peter Niederlag wrote:
>>
>>> But it's a good way to make them aware of the problem. I am against
>>> changing it.
>>
>> No, this is exactly BAD way to make them aware. Good way is to make a
>> warning but not hide extensions from them!
>>
> This really gives problems to users, because when they do not find the
> extensions on TER they think that they do not exist at all or that they
> have online connection problems. So maybe some of them, esp. CMS
> testers, would stop using TYPO3 because they did not see the many more
> but hidden extensions. And it is not a good behaviour to let people
> waste so much of their time searching for extensions.

The problem is that you even don't know that somehing is missing. And if
you notice that seomething is missing you don't know why.

There is no visual feedback in the "download section" that it is affected
by soemthing in the "settings section". Other options like the "shy" filter
are available on the same page.

If the default will not be changed, I suggest either to move the checkbox
onto the install page or to make a visual note of the setting of the
"supported" flag (plus a link/info on how to change it!).

Masi

PS:

"Display shy extensions:" vs  "Show obsolete:" - why to different verbs?