[TYPO3-core] RFC: Change wording in EM: "unsupported extensions"

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jul 10 11:58:39 CEST 2006

Hi!

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> But it's a good way to make them aware of the problem. I am against
> changing it.

You know, car's engine is hot after use. If car manufacturers use
current EM approach, they must lock engine compartment cover and do not
let anyone open it until is cool (but they can provide a hidden switch
at the middle of the car bottom to enable engine compartment opening).
Fortunately, they do not do it but put a clearly visible warning inside:
"CAUTION! HOT AREA!" :)

If they go "EM way", you will not be able to check what is wrong with
engine on the road. You will not be able to check oil or add water to
wash front glass. You will be safe from touching hot engine but at what
price?

Precautions are good unless they cause too much problems. I never saw
anyone from ordinary users who said that this option's default value is
convenient or useful. They cannot see even most popular extensions that
used on hundreds of sites and were in TER forever!

Intention was good but choice to realize it was wrong, IMHO.

Dmitry.