[TYPO3-core] Document hooks? (was: New hooks in TCEmain -> moveRecord)

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Jan 25 15:43:20 CET 2006

Michael Stucki wrote:

> - We know who depends on a hook if we once want to modify it
+1 (bug #568 i.e. brought up that chaning a hook class name with a smooth transition to
a new name is only possible if all uses of the hook are registered. Searching all extensions
for the use of the hook to inform the authors is a huge task)

> - Developers could see that a hook is available exactly where they need it!
Not such a strong argument but "overview" over the hooks is a nice to-have feature.

> - The hook will be well documented
+1
If you add the possibility to comment a hook (like a documentation page) then it will surely
be used to post different usages of a hook.

> - Developers have a chance to find practical examples of how hook xy is used
+1

I opt very strong for a Hook-Manager on typo3.org !

Argument 1 assures me that such a thing would have much sense !

greets,
Bernhard