[TYPO3-core] RFC: Add "upload" and "new" button to filelistmodule

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Feb 25 19:32:21 CET 2006

Hi Masi,

I just committed the patch.

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Is there no label for "New file" somewhere? I think it should
> be either "Upload/New" or "Uload files/New file".

Currently the buttons just reuse the context menu labels which is good
for consistency because the context menu options "Upload files" and
"New" do the exact same thing as the buttons.

The question now is if we want to change the labels of both, context
menu and buttons.
I'd vote for removing the word "files" from the label "Upload files".

>> Masi has created another patch that adds upload and new buttons to
>> the iconset in the very top right corner of the filelist module.
>> However, I think we can have both, the buttons introduced by this
>> patch and if Masi finds the time he can introduce the icons in the
>> top right iconset as well.
>
> Yep. Icons on top and buttons below are ok. Is there an upload-icon
> somewhere?

Not exactly an upload icon but there is the "Browse for files" icon
typo3/gfx/insert3.gif.

cheers,
Ingmar