[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix XML prologue and DOCTYPE issue

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Feb 25 20:45:33 CET 2006

Hi!

While revising my xhtmlDoctype patch I noticed bugs with the XML prologue.

First of all you cannot set an XML prologue if you don't use a recognized DOCTYPE.

And second the XML version is wrong for XHTML 1.1 and 2.0. For sime reason the XHTML version was used as the XML version! The version attributes is about XML and not about XHTML.

Fixing this I have enhanced config.xmlprologue to work like config.doctype but with a twist:

"none" -> no prologue
"xml_10" -> XML 1.0 prologue
"xml_11" -> XML 1.1 prologue
"" (unset) -> if doctype=known, then XML 1.0 prologue
(string) -> prologue set to string

So now you can set the prologue and the doctype independently. If you don't set config.xmlprologue then it works like before.

The rest of the patch, as I have explained before, moved the TSFE->xhtmlDoctype initialization to the init function of pagegen. Only then it can be used in tslib_content and tslib_menu.

Perhaps this time someone will have a look at it.

Thanx,
Masi