[TYPO3-core] Planning the next steps...

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 16 16:16:47 CET 2006

Hi folks,

today is day 3 of the timeline. I'm happy to see that we're still in time,
although "we" seems to be a pretty small group of this 15-people team...
If you have all things ready for 4.0, I'm fine with this. Otherwise you
should hurry up to get these things done before Friday...

Let's have a look at the timeline:

> Feb 14 (today)
> 1. René commits symlink changes
> 2. EM problems need to be fixed (Robert, is your change in CVS already)
> 3. Stucki asks Thomas Murphy for new snapshot of the BE skin
> 4. I will wait until then and commit some of my other open changes after
> René 5. Others can do the same of course

All done. Will remove this from the next version.

> Feb 15 (tomorrow)
> 1. 4.0beta3 (possibly in the morning)
> 2. Announcements & tests

Beta was ready this night and has just been announced by Ingmar - thanks!

> Feb 16 (Thursday)
> 1. Chat session at 10pm GMT+1: Meet in the IRC, give everybody the
>    possibility to commit those changes he couldn't do yet (only those and
>    nothing else)

This is the next step. Would be glad if many of you will join us, though I
don't know yet how much needs to be done. If you have any issues which you
want to discuss, please publish them before the meeting!

> Feb 17 (Friday)
> 1. Chat session at 10pm GMT+1: Fix showstoppers, last chance to commit new
>    changes for 4.0
> 2. Hopefully: Feature freeze + RC1
>
> +1 week: Release or RC2

Still pending... Rest of the message is kept for information.

Regards, michael