[TYPO3-core] Planning the next steps...

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 14 15:27:13 CET 2006

Hi folks,

we are pretty late behind our release plan, but that is no problem since we
were very active in the past weeks.

For those who didn't notice: On the dev list, several people have praised our
work and thanked for being so active in TYPO3 development. They are very
confident users and have no problems to wait a few more days if the outcome
will be so much better as it is currently the case!

But still, I'd like to draw a line and start to plan the feature freeze. It
was already planned to happen a week ago, so I expect there are not many
changes left for you. Here is my updated timetable for 4.0:

Feb 14 (today)
1. René commits symlink changes
2. EM problems need to be fixed (Robert, is your change in CVS already)
3. Stucki asks Thomas Murphy for new snapshot of the BE skin
4. I will wait until then and commit some of my other open changes after René
5. Others can do the same of course

Feb 15 (tomorrow)
1. 4.0beta3 (possibly in the morning)
2. Announcements & tests

Feb 16 (Thursday)
1. Chat session at 10pm GMT+1: Meet in the IRC, give everybody the
   possibility to commit those changes he couldn't do yet (only those and
   nothing else)

Feb 17 (Friday)
1. Chat session at 10pm GMT+1: Fix showstoppers, last chance to commit new
   changes for 4.0
2. Hopefully: Feature freeze + RC1

+1 week: Release or RC2

This means for all of you: Feature freeze will be on Friday. Organize to send
your open issues before Thursday so everybody can look at them before the IRC
meeting.

Please let me know whether these dates are realistic for you, and let me know
if not.

A note about the IRC meetings: It may be difficult for some of you to be ready
at exactly this time in the evening. My suggestion is that all of us try to
be present in #typo3-dev all over the day.

Make sure you register your nickname, otherwise you cannot post since this is
a private channel: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup

If anybody of you is late or can't meet a set date, please notify me as early
as possible.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards
- michael