[TYPO3-core] RFC: devLog in t3lib_db

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 15:55:07 CET 2006

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Maybe we could have some place where we put patches that are of minor
> impact but didn't enter 4.0.x because it is a new feature, so that a
> "power-admin" could patch his 4.0.x with those small additions that he
> might find useful, but the "regular" 4.0.x user will have less bugs the
> larger the "x" is.

I thought once about 4.0.x "extreme" that could have patches like this
:) I would be happy to put there my .htaccess patch because it speeds up
BE fantastically and I have to apply it again and again to every 4.0.x
installation...

> I must confess I never used devLog or syslog before, so I cannot vote on
> which one is better. I usually debug with pure "echo" statements. :)

Me too but:
- this is difficult for production site
- I used devLog several times when I needed to analyze a lot of data
(long stack trace of execution path). This was much more convenient than
scrolling screen.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/