[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #1153 again: Adding parameters is notalways expected

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Wed Apr 19 10:15:32 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>> I don't understand why these parameters are added in the first place.
>> To me, altUrl means that a new, complete url will be provided by the
>> property.
>>

> But the problem in 3.8.x (and before) was that this new URL had NO parameters at all. At least I didn't figure out how to get any of the image options - not even the image itself. So to me altURL was compeletely useless and I resorted to XCLASSing.

Using postUserFunc, you can generate the new url with all the parameters
you need. Any field of the current content object may be made available
to the postUserFunc via TS. For example, this is how extension
dh_popupimg_caption worked, and is now broken.
>> Do you mean to replace only the destination script? Note that the
>> issue was reported against 3.8.0. With TYPO3 4.0, the script part of
>> the default url is now index.php, not showpic.php.
>> Would anyone need property to replace index.php? I don't think so,
>> but someone may want to replace the value of the eID parameter, and
>> will need some postUser function to do so anyways.
>> Unless one can set a property such as JSWindow.eID.
>>

> OK, there is a point in providing a new vale for eID. But this repplaced eID-scricpt should either get the default params or there must be a hook/config to provide a new set of params (image, size, etc)

Yes, if you simply specify eID, the parameters should be added, just as
for the default tx_cms_showpic. But then, you do not need altUrl.
If you set altUrl, the parameters should not be added.

Stanislas