[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #1153 again: Adding parameters is notalways expected

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Apr 19 09:26:23 CEST 2006

Stanislas Rolland <stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca> writes on
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:42:04 +0200 (METDST):

> I don't understand why these parameters are added in the first place.
> To me, altUrl means that a new, complete url will be provided by the
> property.

But the problem in 3.8.x (and before) was that this new URL had NO parameters at all. At least I didn't figure out how to get any of the image options - not even the image itself. So to me altURL was compeletely useless and I resorted to XCLASSing.

> Do you mean to replace only the destination script? Note that the
> issue was reported against 3.8.0. With TYPO3 4.0, the script part of
> the default url is now index.php, not showpic.php.
> Would anyone need property to replace index.php? I don't think so,
> but someone may want to replace the value of the eID parameter, and
> will need some postUser function to do so anyways.
> Unless one can set a property such as JSWindow.eID.

OK, there is a point in providing a new vale for eID. But this repplaced eID-scricpt should either get the default params or there must be a hook/config to provide a new set of params (image, size, etc)

Masi