[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 10 13:41:36 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:29:32 +0200 (METDST):

> > So why didn't we fix all those PHP5 related problems in 3.8.2? Now
> > I'm sure
> > it has more to do with the fact that we'd need a release manager
> > (maintainer) for the last release.
>
> Again, this is just a matter of missing resources. I am not willing
> to do it, but if you like to, nobody will prevent you from doing
> that.

Good to know.

> So let's make a little poll. I suggest you better don't ask here but
> on the dev list. We need to know if there is an interest for 3.8.2,
> and we need to find someone who is going to maintain it.
>
> Will you organize this, Martin?

Ok. But I think it makes also sense to post it on the standard lists as not every site admin reads dev. And mainly it's and admin thingy (upgrading that is).

The main question is IMHO who is for some reason stuck with 3.8 but is forced to use PHP5 or a problematic Mysql version (the charset problem). For those users IMHO we need 3.8.2.

Masi