[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Apr 10 13:29:32 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

> > No this is wrong! Have a look at the ChangeLogs for 3.7.1 and 3.8.1.
> > What we don't allow in a patch release are new features. This is a
> > usual release practice.
>
> So why didn't we fix all those PHP5 related problems in 3.8.2? Now I'm sure
> it has more to do with the fact that we'd need a release manager
> (maintainer) for the last release.

Again, this is just a matter of missing resources. I am not willing to do it,
but if you like to, nobody will prevent you from doing that.

So let's make a little poll. I suggest you better don't ask here but on the
dev list. We need to know if there is an interest for 3.8.2, and we need to
find someone who is going to maintain it.

Will you organize this, Martin?

- michael