[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 10 11:57:36 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow <michael at underused.org> writes on
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:54:05 +0200 (METDST):

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>

> > Then simething IS broken with our update mechanism. Upgrading from
> > x.x.N to x.x.N+1 should be jus a matter of changig the
> > source-symlink!
>
> Multiply this with the number of sites * the number of 4.0.x updates
> ;)

Hey, you need only to uograde if your site is affected by the fixed bugs.

> > Why? Think of someting big as verisioning or any refactoring. You
> > cannot commit this to the CVS bit-by-bit without breakig the tree.
> > So you have to do a big-bang landing on the HEAD.
>
> After staring long and hard at TCEMAIN and TCEFORMS I've come to the
> conclusion that there'll be not UI overhaul without massive changes
> in code.

This might be true very well. I'm not too familiar with the code but I think you're right that a new UI means a refactoring of the code prior to the bug refactoring.

But do you really think that everythings lost in 5.0?

Masi