[TYPO3-core] make class.t3lib_db.php usable for backend modules

Holzinger Franz franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Nov 30 22:55:07 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker :

>Holzinger Franz <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
>Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:43:31 +0100 (MET):
>

>>Martin Kutschker :

>>>Where do I find a the code of your t3lib_db variant?
>>>

>>here;
>>http://fholzinger.com/development/modfunc_list_list.tar.gz
>>

>I see two files:
>
>class.tx_graytree_db_list.php
>class.tx_graytree_db_list_extra.inc
>
>But no t3lib_db.php and neither file is a copy of t3lib_db.php.
>
>t3lib_db != db_list

I have derived these classes from the db_list classes. A lot of methods
have been copied there from underlying classes. Most methods there are
copies from the db_list methods in different classes with small
enhancements. In most cases only the BACKPATH is added to the path names.

>I'm not familiar with the BE list module, but IMHO new features shouldn't build upon old sins. Thought it seems class.tx_graytree_db_list_extra.inc isn't an include file (thanks!) but only a misnamed class file.
>
>OTOH, I still dn't know what you want from us.
>
>If you want to request changes to existing files the proper way ist to provide patches (diff -u) with a desription of the changes. We have a perferred layout for such files. Browse in the archive to find examples for such mails.
>
>It may look complicated, but is making life for your peer reviwewers much easier.

I want to discuss here the intended changes before I start a work of
several hours.
I want the methods in the current db_list classes to be extended the
same way as in the tx_graytree_db_list methods.

Franz