[TYPO3-core] make class.t3lib_db.php usable for backend modules

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Nov 30 22:08:32 CET 2005

Holzinger Franz <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:43:31 +0100 (MET):

> Martin Kutschker :
>

> >>This list module of the Graytree Library, which is for 98% only a
> > > copy of t3lib_db, should become obsolete when the few
> > > modifications in it
> > > could come into a common new subclass of t3lib_db. And every
> > > extension
> > > developer in the future would also be able to reuse the code of
> > > the db_list in his modules or maybe even in frontend editing.
> >
> > Where do I find a the code of your t3lib_db variant?
> >
> here;
> http://fholzinger.com/development/modfunc_list_list.tar.gz

I see two files:

class.tx_graytree_db_list.php
class.tx_graytree_db_list_extra.inc

But no t3lib_db.php and neither file is a copy of t3lib_db.php.

t3lib_db != db_list

I'm not familiar with the BE list module, but IMHO new features shouldn't build upon old sins. Thought it seems class.tx_graytree_db_list_extra.inc isn't an include file (thanks!) but only a misnamed class file.

OTOH, I still dn't know what you want from us.

If you want to request changes to existing files the proper way ist to provide patches (diff -u) with a desription of the changes. We have a perferred layout for such files. Browse in the archive to find examples for such mails.

It may look complicated, but is making life for your peer reviwewers much easier.

Masi