[TYPO3-core] RFC: Shortcut Field type change

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Nov 4 15:43:23 CET 2005

Bernhard Kraft <kraftb at kraftb.at> writes on
Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:03:59 +0100 (MET):

> Hallo,
>
> This is a CVS patch request.
>
> Type: Feature

> Currently the "Shortcut to page:" Field which is visible in a page
> header when the page-type is set
> to shortcut is of type "DB-Relation" (to table pages). This patch
> changes it to be of type "Link" which
> allows pages to be links to E-Mails/Files and External URLs and of
> course simple pages and content elments
> of them (using anchors). This would make the page type "External URL"
> unnecessary and it could be removed in
> future versions (with notices that this type is deprecated in prior
> versions).

I tried to see to advantage of making "external URL" go away but failed. I like those icons and don't see the point.

The only advantage of your patch is that you can link to content elements. But couldn't it be done by allowing tt_content records as well as page records in the "Shortcut to page:" field?

I don't get it why knowadays everbody seems to want to remove this page type or that ;-)

Masi