[TYPO3-core] RFC: Small change in tmpl->linkData

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 2 17:45:07 CET 2005

> > I'm pretty sure I depend on type being an integer too many places.

Taking a look inside tslib_fe ->type is forced to an integer all over the
place! That is usually a good hint that the system is relying on an
integer...

> OK, here is an alternative solution that forces the value to become an
> integer in $GLOBALS['TSFE']->makeSimulFileName. This way I don't need to
> XCLASS the whole linkData function just because of this single line. I hope
> you will accept it, thanks.

Why will this solve your problem? ANYWHERE in tslib_fe the type value is
int'ed and it will not help you doing this I think!

I also believe you misuse the type parameter for what it is not designed.

Actually, you could just make your own implementation of
simulateStaticDocument in the same way realurl does it (using that hook).

- kasper

--
- kasper