[TYPO3-core] RFC: Small change in tmpl->linkData

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Nov 2 15:51:05 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

> Why are you misunsing (your words) type in the first place?

Yes it is some kind of misusing:

The change is required if one wants to add a language switch. Since the "L"
parameter has been dropped, I need to change the language within the
filename: Testsite_123.de.html => Testsite_123.en.html

After investigating the typolink function, I found out that a different type
can be specified by adding it to the parameter value:

123,1 => Page ID 123, type 1

In my case I've just changed the part after the comma and set the language
that way:

parameter.data = TSFE:id
parameter.wrap = |,de

This works just fine, depending that the intval check has been removed!

> Perhaps there is already a solution for you or we can come up with on that
> doesn't need changes to an existing "property".

I know that I could specify a language ID instead of the string, but that
will require an additional DB lookup which I would like to avoid...

- michael
Use a newsreader! Check out

More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list