[TYPO3-core] Bug #1574: Show visibility settingsfor contentelements in icon title

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Thu Dec 15 20:55:08 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2005 at typo3.com> writes on
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:09:03 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Martin, Michael,

> Version numbers for versions of records are just incremented
> integers.
> However I figured that "version 245" looks a little overwhelming,
> maybe just to me used to CVS which uses "1.xxx" for everything in
> HEAD. So I just figure we could prefix "1." in the presentation
> layer :-)
>
> The idea is up for discussion, I have no pets except pleasing the
> users...

Perhaps the "1" can be changed to some meta-versioning. Something like creating a CVS branch or a kind of snapshot.

When a user (admin only?) does this magic thing, then everything will get brought to the next major version number: x.y => (x+1).0, eg 2.43 => 3.0.

> > And uh, tell him that stuff like "PLH WSID#" is really hard to
> > understand> ;-)
>
> PLH stands for "Placeholder" and WSID is "Workspace ID". I agree its
> not really usable. However, in eg. my firefox the title attribute is
> cropped and
> I guess that is why I wanted those abbreviations so I don't loose
> other
> information in the string. If you have any suggestions for better
> labeling I'm with you.

I see. How about "tmp. WSID#"? "tmp." will probably understoof in many West European languages as "temporay".

Masi