[TYPO3-core] Bug #1574: Show visibility settings for content elements in icon title

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Dec 10 16:05:42 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:

> Problem:
> If you move your mouse over an icon for pagecontent, you'll get the uid
> of this element only.
> On page elements you get much more info - eg the usergroup, shortcut
> target - which is a great timesafer :)
>
> Solution:
>       * modify the function to make it work for other record types as
>         well, not just pages
>       * now, the title attributes of _all_ records are updated
>         accordingly
>       * the same naming/description scheme is used now
>       * an error is fixed where the page record had two title attributes
>         in the pagetree

Again, can you please make a "diff -wu" because I see that most stuff has
just a tab less than it had in titleAttribForPages() before.

Additionally, some comments/questions:
- Why is "v#1." hardcoded?
- Please use "/.../" instead of "#...#" in preg_* functions. Stick to a
  standard...
- I notice that the function says it generates the "title" attribute but
  sometimes it is assigned as the "alt" attribute. I know this is historical
  and has nothing to do with your change, but maybe it would be nice to
  normalize this now...

Regards, michael

BTW, +1 too Masis comments. Good suggestions!
--
Use a newsreader! Check out