[TYPO3-core] Bug #1574: Show visibility settingsfor contentelements in icon title

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Thu Dec 15 17:09:03 CET 2005

Hi Martin, Michael,

> > > Additionally, some comments/questions:
> > > - Why is "v#1." hardcoded?

Version numbers for versions of records are just incremented integers.
However I figured  that "version 245" looks a little overwhelming, maybe just
to me used to CVS which uses "1.xxx" for everything in HEAD. So I just figure
we could prefix "1." in the presentation layer :-)

The idea is up for discussion, I have no pets except pleasing the users...

> And please contact Kasper, so that 'New element!' can be localized.

You can just do that if you like.

> And uh, tell him that stuff like "PLH WSID#" is really hard to understand
> ;-)

PLH stands for "Placeholder" and WSID is "Workspace ID". I agree its not
really usable. However, in eg. my firefox the title attribute is cropped and
I guess that is why I wanted those abbreviations so I don't loose other
information in the string. If you have any suggestions for better labeling
I'm with you.

- kasper