[TYPO3-core] make db_list.php usable for backend modules

rupert germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Dec 14 23:38:12 CET 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 09:56, Holzinger Franz wrote:
[....]

> There is hopefully no change in the normal behavoiur of the LIST module.

there is one obvious change in the behaviour: Now the normal listing shows
always the "set fields" selector which seems not to have any functionality in
this view (see screenshot). Or did I overlook something?

Generally I don't see any advantages in your patch because it is changing
things in a way which could be achieved in a much more compatible way.
If you need a list module with changed functionality, why don't you make a new
BE module with this changes. And if the current code of the list module does
not fit your needs - copy it and change it in the new module. And if this new
module is well tested and actually better than the current one - we can still
replace the existing list module with one that offers more things.

I f.e. have several sites running where the customers wanted a reduced,
changed or more customized list view. These changes where made by XCLASSing
the current list module (And I'm quite shure I'm not the only one who did it
in that way). All those changes will not work anymore with your patch.

therefore: -1 from me

greets
Rupert