[TYPO3-core] make db_list.php usable for backend modules

Holzinger Franz franz at fholzinger.com
Fri Dec 16 14:58:44 CET 2005

Hello Rupert,

>On Tuesday 13 December 2005 09:56, Holzinger Franz wrote:
>[....]
>

>>There is hopefully no change in the normal behavoiur of the LIST module.
>>

>there is one obvious change in the behaviour: Now the normal listing shows
>always the "set fields" selector which seems not to have any functionality in
>this view (see screenshot). Or did I overlook something?
>
>Generally I don't see any advantages in your patch because it is changing
>things in a way which could be achieved in a much more compatible way.
>If you need a list module with changed functionality, why don't you make a new
>BE module with this changes. And if the current code of the list module does
>not fit your needs - copy it and change it in the new module. And if this new
>module is well tested and actually better than the current one - we can still
>replace the existing list module with one that offers more things.

I have done this already. The code has been used into a library class
for the Commerce extension (not yet published) and tested there for
about one month now. It will still be tested of course. So I want to
bring this back to TYPO3 in order that future changes will come into the
TYPO3 class and vice versa.

>I f.e. have several sites running where the customers wanted a reduced,
>changed or more customized list view. These changes where made by XCLASSing
>the current list module (And I'm quite shure I'm not the only one who did it
>in that way). All those changes will not work anymore with your patch.

How did you achieve this, because now there is no subclassing possible
with db_list.php. And the other included classes could not be used, too,
because the BACKPATH has been missing to the scripts.
Show me you applications and I can adapt them. There has not been any
intended change in behaviour. If so, I will correct this.

>therefore: -1 from me

Which changes do you need? Subclassing will still be possible like it
has been before.

Regards,

Franz