[TYPO3-core] 0001822: There is no API to list tables in theWeb->Page module

Holzinger Franz franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Dec 5 16:42:07 CET 2005

Hello Martin,

>Holzinger Franz <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
>Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:48:34 +0100 (MET):
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have implemented a new feature for the page module:
>>
>>See http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1822
>>
>>This works already fine with tt_products 2.3.11, where I have
>>configured it with:
>>

>What is it that you're patch does?
>
>As you you have posted $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['cms']['db_layout']['addTables'] already adds tables to the page (since TYPO3 3.6).
>
>I don't see from the code what's new. It'd be easier for us if you'd follow the formal "CVS Patch request / Branch / Description" layout. Especially the description part. I may be dumb, but for a second time I have little idea, what you're talking about.

In the former version you could only add one line for a table which was
the default one. But e.g. with tt_products you need more than only the
default view, because this table has many fields. And with the old
version you did not have any selection possibility between the views for
a table listing.

>>In the attachment are the differences I have made.
>>Comments are welcome.
>>

>In the comments for getTable_external() it says:
>
>"NOTICE: Requires the tt_products extension to be loaded."
>
>I don't think that db_layout.php should get an external dependecy *

This comment has been wrong and I have deleted this line already.

Franz