[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Jan 12 12:13:05 CET 2012

Am 12.01.12 12:08, schrieb Ingmar Schlecht:
> What I would take as a conclusion is that we shouldn't make ourselves
> dependent on it any more. It's OK to use it for some widgets, and with
> TYPO3 4.8 we should take the excellent work on the migration from 3 to 4
> that is done so far and integrate the bits where it makes sense.

Just to make it clear: I actually think that the work that Stanislas has
done on the migration was absolutely outstanding. But he had to
basically rewrite all JavaScript in the Core while doing that, which is
of course a huge job. Therefore, even if his work was outstanding, we're
still in a situation that there are enough loose ends to keep him (or
anyone else) busy for another 1-2 months.

Therefore, what I propose is to skip the ExtJS 4 migration for 4.7,
shift away from ExtJS slowly, but use the migrated and working parts in
TYPO3 4.8 and onwards with ExtJS 4 for widgets where it makes sense.

cheers
Ingmar