[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation of t3lib_div::testInt() in TYPO3 4.6

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:05:50 CET 2011

Hi!

François Suter wrote:
> As you are probably aware of several "mathematical" method were moved to
> a separate class from t3lib_div and methods such as t3lib_div::testInt()
> were marked as deprecated. As this is very commonly used in extensions,
> it absolutely floods the deprecation log to the point where it becomes
> nearly useless.

In my opinion, it is was a bad idea to deprecate a short popular function
in favor of a much longer name (which is hard to remember anyway) and add
extra work for developers to make all those checks. Life should be easier
for developers, not harder.

Whoever made that, did not think well about consequences. Sh•t happens.

The best thing to do would be to revert the deprecation of this function.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.