[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation of t3lib_div::testInt() in TYPO3 4.6

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Nov 23 09:44:00 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 23.11.2011 09:29, schrieb François Suter:
> As you are probably aware of several "mathematical" method were moved to
> a separate class from t3lib_div and methods such as t3lib_div::testInt()
> were marked as deprecated. As this is very commonly used in extensions,
> it absolutely floods the deprecation log to the point where it becomes
> nearly useless.

you just need to fix it or use newer versions of the extension

> The problem I see is that in order to be compatible, extensions would
> have to call - for example -
> t3lib_utility_Math::canBeInterpretedAsInteger() instead of
> t3lib_div::testInt(). But this will obviously break compatibility with
> older version of TYPO3, in particular 4.5

so? this is the common output of a deprecation log.

> In effect the situation would mean that - for each testInt() call - we
> have to check whether class t3lib_utility_Math exists or not and call it
> instead of t3lib_div if it does. Probably this would better be wrapped
> inside one's own utility method.

exactly my idea which is perfectly normal in so many situations as
extension developer

if you want to make an extension which works perfect in 4-5 and 4-6 you
*always* need to take care of *many* things. I failed with that last
week with the caching framework... ;)

Georg