[TYPO3-mvc] bind a foreign database to a repository

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jan 25 09:03:05 CET 2012

Hi,

> 3.)
> DBAL works good in our old pi-base-extension. But all over in the
> internet you can read "DBAL is not jet supported by extbase". Maybe it
> will work when using native mode, because our database is MySQL and on
> the same server. The checkbox for using sql_query in ExtConf of dbal is
> set.

You may give it a try but you should not tick the checkbox in ExtConf
because you don't want to passthrough as you need DBAL do do the remap
process...

> 5.) Jochen Rau has a good idea: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/5374. But
> I don't know how to do it like this.

5b) You may try to create a dedicated backend for your second MySQL
connection just as I did for LDAP:

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/articles/ldap-backend-for-extbase.html

Combining that with the code from the standard TYPO3 DB backend should
not be too complicated. BUT: I did not try very hard but could not
configure 2 different backends...

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers