[TYPO3-mvc] bind a foreign database to a repository

Stefan Frömken firma at sfroemken.de
Thu Jan 26 10:38:20 CET 2012

Am 25.01.2012 09:03, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Hi,
>
>> 3.)
>> DBAL works good in our old pi-base-extension. But all over in the
>> internet you can read "DBAL is not jet supported by extbase". Maybe it
>> will work when using native mode, because our database is MySQL and on
>> the same server. The checkbox for using sql_query in ExtConf of dbal is
>> set.
>
> You may give it a try but you should not tick the checkbox in ExtConf
> because you don't want to passthrough as you need DBAL do do the remap
> process...
Thank you for this hint. We will test it.

>> 5.) Jochen Rau has a good idea: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/5374. But
>> I don't know how to do it like this.
>
> 5b) You may try to create a dedicated backend for your second MySQL
> connection just as I did for LDAP:
>
> http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/articles/ldap-backend-for-extbase.html
Very cool information. I can't believe that this works. Isn't there a
loop? You tell extbase by TS to use your own class instead of
BackendInterface. But in your class you implement BackendInterface.

Further I don't know where the link between Repository and your class
is? Why does your Repository calls the LDAP-Backend and not the
storageBackend? What about all the other queries regarding
cf_extbase_tables? Which Backend will they use?
Maybe it will be clearer when I just start programming :-)