[TYPO3-mvc] Will Extbase 1.4 work on TYPO3 4.5?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Mon Feb 13 08:56:23 CET 2012

On 02/12/2012 06:00 PM, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> On 02/12/2012 11:20 AM, Christian Kuhn wrote:
>> Hey.
>>
>> On 02/11/2012 06:10 PM, Claus Due wrote:
>>> 1.4 does not work on 4.5 at all because of the caching framework -
>>> sorry. I am not aware if this is easily fixable - it may very well be,
>>> if you manually create the caching tables and adjust the cache
>>> configurations take care of the things 4.6 does automatically but 4.5
>>> needs done manually.
>>
>> The autoloader should make some trouble as well: With 4.6 we integrated
>> the extbase/fluid autoloader in the core and removed the extbase handling.
>
> Had a look into Claus patches and tried to get the Extbase-unittests
> running, which also failed because of the autoloader-stuff in core.
>
> I'm currently trying to compile a backport-proposal for
> autoloader-related things. Hope to iron out some small things today so
> we can discuss that tomorrow :-)

Backport for extended autoload (and cache_phpcode) is at
https://review.typo3.org/9001

Sorry, I know that it might be wrong in various ways (first one might be
the "error" of pulling in cache_phpcode as well). But having worked on
this for some time now and having it in a "working quite well"-state so
far I'd like to send this for further discussion now.

With the two patches from Claus and this one the extbase-unittests of an
extbase/fluid from master start up fine and also find their needed
autoloads.
Currently they fail on one unittests with an exception being thrown
where another is expected. But I'm sure that could be ironed out easily
as well. I'm just not sure yet where the problem lies burried at the
moment (was a bit late to dig deeper on that one).

Regards,
 Stefan