[TYPO3-mvc] Will Extbase 1.4 work on TYPO3 4.5?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sun Feb 12 18:00:53 CET 2012

On 02/12/2012 11:20 AM, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey.
>
> On 02/11/2012 06:10 PM, Claus Due wrote:
>> 1.4 does not work on 4.5 at all because of the caching framework -
>> sorry. I am not aware if this is easily fixable - it may very well be,
>> if you manually create the caching tables and adjust the cache
>> configurations take care of the things 4.6 does automatically but 4.5
>> needs done manually.
>
> The autoloader should make some trouble as well: With 4.6 we integrated
> the extbase/fluid autoloader in the core and removed the extbase handling.

Had a look into Claus patches and tried to get the Extbase-unittests
running, which also failed because of the autoloader-stuff in core.

I'm currently trying to compile a backport-proposal for
autoloader-related things. Hope to iron out some small things today so
we can discuss that tomorrow :-)

Regards,
 Stefan