[TYPO3-mvc] [RFC] Make 4.7 run with 4.5 LTS?

Daniel Schöne daniel at schoene.it
Sun Feb 12 10:42:01 CET 2012

Hi,

> For me that sound reasonable but does not put an internal solution over an external.

I'd prefer having the original submodule in place and choose whatever revision I want (and as integrator take responsibility for) instead of adding an external source.
Official and unofficial repos must get synced...

>> 5) ext_emconf.php even warns you not to install.
>
> good catch

jep

> Yeah, one would think. ;-) From my experience, as soon as you commit this to master, people will expect this to fully work on 4.5 LTS. As soon as things break, people will complain about "I was told LTS will work forever."
>
> So telling them "It is not intended to work with 4.5", they will ask you "Why did you make it work, then?". IMHO we take implicit responsibility by making it work on 4.5.
>
> Our idea was not having them to keep their own git updated but to provide an additional, explicitly marked "unsupported" extension (probably even via t3x) for them to fecth from some non-official source.

just a matter of communication, w/ the point above everybody should know that it's not the official path. Leaving it and taking the fruits and risks is the decision of the developer/integrator.

+1 for having it in the official repo

--
Daniel Schöne