[TYPO3-mvc] fluid <f:if > with a regular expression

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Jun 15 09:16:45 CEST 2010

Hey,

I have added a wiki page on
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/Improving_ViewHelpers
for such ideas (as I somehow feel this list could get messy) -- feel
freee to format/edit/extend it :-)

> * Link to a _resized_ image
+1

> * Cycle through an array _once_
+1 -- sounds helpful. However, we should give it another name then, as
it does not *cycle* then anymore. @Bastian: I'd be interested in your
opinion here.

> * If viewhelper with AND and OR
>   Guess it. ;o) Would be cool to have this - combined with
>   the ability to specify better conditions like regular
>   expressions or even simple mathematical calculations etc.
implementing AND and OR is not trivial, but feel free to give it a try:)
For Regexps and mathematical conditions, I feel the same as Franz --
this can be nicely done in a ViewHelper.

> * File (?) viewhelpers
>   I once made a small collection for file viewhelpers, which
>   would return basedir, file-extension, filesize, file_exists,
>   etc. of a given file. If there is interest I can post it here.
What do you think about f:format.filesize? There, it would fit in quite
nicely I'd suggest.

Greets and thanks for your ideas,
Sebastian