[TYPO3-mvc] fluid <f:if > with a regular expression

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 15:36:48 CEST 2010

Am 14.06.2010 12:04, schrieb Franz Koch:
> Hi,
>
>> * Link to a _resized_ image
>> I think this is not possible for the moment.
>> Either you display a (resized) image or you
>> link to the original image (fullsize). So I think
>> it would be nice to have a viewhelper for linking
>> to an image, providing width/height settings.
>
> yes, a ImageUriViewHelper/ImageResourceViewHelper is missing and really
> needed thinking of stuff like XML-output for Flash etc where I needed
> (and created) one for a recent project.
>
>> * Cycle through an array _once_
>> At present the cycle viewhelper starts at the beginning
>> again, if the end is reached. Imho there should
>> be a seperate attribute/parameter for disabling this
>> behaviour, telling the viewhelper to stop if the
>> end of the array is reached. This can be helpful for
>> displaying specific data besides other data. (E.g. looping
>> through images and displaying captions of the images.
>
> Sounds useful, especially for TYPO3 v4.
>
>> * If viewhelper with AND and OR
>> Guess it. ;o) Would be cool to have this - combined with
>> the ability to specify better conditions like regular
>> expressions or even simple mathematical calculations etc.
>
> +1 for AND/OR
> -1 for integration of mathematical and regexps. For those a dedicated
> viewHelper would be better (you can use them with inlineSyntax for the
> ifViewHelper though).
>
>> * File (?) viewhelpers
>> I once made a small collection for file viewhelpers, which
>> would return basedir, file-extension, filesize, file_exists,
>> etc. of a given file. If there is interest I can post it here.
>
> Not sure if this is a common viewHelper, but probably more/better a
> common abstract model?

Okay, so I will provide an approach for the first two viewhelpers.
If with AND/OR is too complicated for me, but I'd love to have that soon.

For the file-viewhelper there's especiall the filesize viewhelper which
is capable of displaying decimal and/or binary filesizes etc. - I will
post an idea for that also on the forge.

Maybe I've time for that in the evening today.

Thomas