[TYPO3-templavoila] TYPO3-project-templavoila Digest, Vol 102, Issue 1

Wouter Wolters typo3 at wouterwolters.nl
Tue May 5 23:22:02 CEST 2015

Hi Siegfried,

TV does not run under 7.1 or higher, simple!

It was maintained by Alexander and me to have a working version for 6.2
as promised.
That was what we delivered, but to stay compatible with TYPO3 we need to
do more than we expected. TYPO3 CMS 7.x is going through alot of code
cleanups and stabilization. Which is great but this TemplaVoila dinosaur
can't be fixed for 7.1 or higher without a major rewrite. So that is
what the post from March by Alexander wass about, to get the awareness
that something needs to happen. But there is simple no response to the
questions raised in that post. We waited for 2 months now and because of
our own busy schedule we declared TemplaVoila dead. Until somebody steps
up and takes over this dinosaur there will be no further development.

So if this irritates you than this is the moment to step forward and
take action.

Kind regards,

Wouter Wolters
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor